Held under ARC rules (permit TBC).
The ballot is open!
Entry form for the Saturday afternoon Grizfest childrens' races is here.
Grizzly 2018: Ballot open until Friday 6th Oct
The ballot for Grizzly 2018 is now open and will close at 8.00 p.m. on Friday 6th October. Ballot results are expected to be announced no later than Friday 13th October. If you are unsuccessful in the ballot, FullonSport will refund your entry fee to the card you paid your entry with.
Please note the following:
1. The weblink to the ballot entry form is above.
2. All individual entries will this year be through the FullOnSport online system and no manual entries will be accepted. Please contact email@example.com if you are having any problems using the online entry system, including making online payments.
3. Group entries for those wishing to enter as a club are still available and the form to be used, containing instructions on how to enter, is also above.
4. The race fee is £30/£28 for the Grizzly (unaffiliated/affiliated); £20/£18 for the Cub (unaffiliated/affiliated).
5. Please ensure that you read the race info, race rules and policy found at the tabs above before entering the ballot. This includes important information which all entrants must read and agree to.
6. Please note that this year the t-shirt size that runners select on their entry form will be the t-shirt size that they receive on race day. No changes to your selected size will be permitted or arranged by the race organisers. A t-shirt sizing guide has been provided by the manufacturer to assist you; the link can be found above. Please note that both men's and women's t-shirt sizes are available this year.
Grizzly 2018 - May the Course be with You! Date: Sunday 18th March
Grizzly 2018 now has a race name - May the Course be with You! Thank you very much to AVR member Laura Kerr for suggesting the race name.
The date for next year's Grizzly has been set for Sunday March 18th 2018 - please make a note in your diaries.
What it's all about
Twentyish muddy, hilly, boggy, beachy miles of the multiest-terrain running experience you will find this side of the end of time. It's by no means the toughest race around (honestly!), has changed over the years and nearly died on a few occasions, but hundreds of you keep coming back for more so we must still be getting it right. Whatever it isn't, it is an experience.
I have run in a few races but have never been in a race that manages to create physical challenge whilst taking a sideways glance at running, allowing all involved to emerge with a crooked grin on their face! - A Grizzly runner.
All it takes is all you've got.